Glasgow Community Planning Partnership will be holding the latest of its Community Budgeting public engagement events in Partick on Friday 25th November 2016, 6.00pm - 8.30pm (doors 5:30pm).
The event will see Partick West Area Partnership allocate some of its Area Budget funding and is alsoan opportunity for residents, community organisations, and partners to connect with each other and build community links.
Click on the accompanying poster for more information or visit https://www.glasgowcpp.org.uk/communitybudgeting.
There have been eight proposals to share some of the funds:
Police Scotland/Glasgow West End Hogmanay Safe Zone
- Project Description - To assist with the Staff and Refreshment costs of setting up a Hogmanay Safe Zone in the West End of Glasgow on December 31st 2016.
- Amount Requested - £720
Sandy Road Community Garden/Construction of Additional Raised Beds for New Members
- Project Description - To purchase gardening items and equipment to set up additional raised beds so as to address the increasing membership demand from the community garden waiting list and to be able tostart to work with a local primary schoolin the partick area.
- Amount Requested - £938
Whiteinch Transformation/WT - Family Support - Pilot Phase 2
- Project Description - Due to increasing demand, WT wants to formalise its Family Support provision and pilot a paid post to co-ordinate existing provision, recruit and train 2 volunteers to support the work, and develop the service, so as to be able to offer home visits to more families.
- Amount Requested - £3,375
The ARC (After Recovery Community) Project /ARC - Programme Development
- Project Description - The assist with the costs of continuing to provide a Visual Art Serviceand more Therapy Appointments, Minibus hire to enable more fishing trips and money for bait, to add to the existing fishing equipment, so as to meet increasing demand for this activity.
- Amount Requested - £2,405
New Timers / New Timers Club
- Project Description - To purchase equipment and increase access to transport so as to implement a prog. of planned and structured social activities and outings for all members of the club.
- Amount Requested - £1,269
Whiteinch Centre And Whiteinch and Scotstoun Hsg Assn/Connecting Communities
- Project Description - To host an event'a cup of tea with a refugee' to showcase all the services within the Whiteinch Centre and the wider area and to find out if there are gaps in services to meet the needs of the refugee community.
- Amount Requested - £2,362
Thornwood Primary School/Development of a Multi Purpose Room 2016
- Project Description - Due to an increasing roll, there are limited spaces within the school which can be used by classes for activities such as structured and free play and eco activities e.g. planting. The proposal is to develop an identified area into a multi-purpose space.
- Amount Requested - £4,000
Scottish Iraqi Association/Life in Scotland
- Project Description - To introduce a pilot projectwithin the local community for the growing asylum seeker, new migrant & refugee communities, that will provide them with support and information on 'Life in Scotland', how to access services, how to integrate, what expectations are of them, what they should expect from living in Scotland, what the significant cultural differences are, how to live a fulfilling and integrated life and be a contributor to the community.
- Amount Requested - £5,240