Barrhead Housing Association has been award £30,000 from the Scottish Government Community Choices Fund and is contributing its own funding to this exciting project.
Barrhead Housing Association will host an Easter themed Participatory Budget Decision event at the Barrhead Foundry on the Saturday 3rd March 2018 from 10;30am- 12:30pm with refreshments, and activities available at the event.
What will happen on the day
Local individuals, groups and organisations bid for funding for their projects. The project ideas are presented to local residents at the Decision event where local residents (aged 12 years plus) vote for the project that they think deserves funding. The winning projects will be announced that day, so residents will know who has been successful.
The key criteria that projects must make need to benefit the local community and support at least one of BHA’s Community Regeneration Objectives:
- Support people into employment
- Improve local environments
- Recognise and reduce social isolation in our communities
- Reduce food and energy poverty in our communities
- Increase digital inclusion
- Support people with welfare advice.
- Improve Health and Wellbeing