This masterclass will provide an overview of Participatory Budgeting (PB), aimed primarily at those involved in creating safer communities, with the aims of:
- Increasing participant’s knowledge of PB, including experiences in Scotland to date
- Consideration of ‘participatory small grants’ and ‘mainstream’ models of PB
- Providing guidance on practical ways to take community safety related PB forward.
Aimed for around 25-30 participants, it will be suitable for both those considering PB for the first time, or looking to extend their existing knowledge.
The participatory format allows for plenty of opportunity for interaction and group exercises. With a view to providing a stimulating and informative experience. It will include a review of examples of community safety and participatory budgeting, which have been numerous, both within the UK and worldwide.
Discussion at the masterclass will inform a short briefing report that will be fed back to the Scottish PB working group, and thereby inform policy development as the Community Choices programme matures and expands in coming years.
- Venue: Brodies LLP, 110 Queen Street, Glasgow, G1 3BX
- Time: 10-3pm (lunch included)
- Date: 27th June 2018
- Cost: FREE for SCSN members to attend, booking essential.